Sunday 16 October 2011

Bribe bag.

We arranged another night in at hers drinking wine in front of the stove fire, again the evening really wasn't long enough though. Equal to the time disappointment, was the problem that two bottles of Banrock Station and Hardys were simply not enough. The box of trademark chocolates were superb, with the kids presumably finishing them off in the morning.

I worked the kids out too, well nearly, when I would go shopping for the evening wine and nibbles, I'd buy some stuff for them. They used to love it when I went around, they would trundle off to bed with a bag full of sweets. I used to joke with Amanda that it was a bribe bag to get us some peace, it was all good fun then.

I remember around this time Amanda had been felled by a bug. It wasn't surprising as she effectively had three jobs, her horses and the kids to look after. I got a text from her one lunchtime to say she felt rotten and was on her way home. I made my excuses at work and went around. Suppose you could say I was becoming quite affectionate towards her, even though nothing had happened as yet, not even a kiss. I was simply concerned, well I couldn't have my drinking buddy down now could I?

When I got there I could see her on the settee through the window, she looked worn out. I made her a hot drink and went out into the garage to cut up a TV cabinet she wanted gone for firewood, so I could put the stove on. The kids came home from school shortly after and I cooked them their tea.
Looking back they must have thought it abit odd having Peter the Joiner cooking their tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment