Tuesday 11 October 2011

Wine and Chocolate.

It was now December and by now I had made Amanda's house more homely. They now had the holes in the bedrooms through to the attic space filled in, doors and door frames down stairs with skirting and back mould, and the kitchen finished off. Not bad for the boy down the road, working in the evenings.

As you'd expect their was some banter between me and Amanda, it was good natured and nothing out of the ordinary. We did keep catching each others eye every now and again, but it was just one of those awkward moments, followed by a blush. I'll hold my hands up, I got caught looking more than I caught her, she looked stunning even in her office clothes.

It was the week before Christmas, Amanda and the girls bought me one of those bottles of Celebrations for the work I had done. It felt good to be appreciated for everything I had done.

It would be just into the New Year when I got asked along again to do more work. We had exchanged text messages and the odd phone call in the time in between. I was working on some pipe boxing around the boiler, and just ate my tea made by Amanda washed down by a couple glasses of wine. She commented on needing more wine, and I quibed that I should bring some the next time. Followed by me blushing as always.

She said that, that would be nice and would let me know when she was free through the week. Later that week she did invite me around and told me not to disappoint with the Wine choice. Now being a naive 23 year old trying to impress that did put the pressure on. I scoured the shelves of Morrisons and picked 6 bottles of White Wine, and thought I would chose 2 on the way out the door. When I was in there I thought I'd get something to nibble on. So, cringe worthy as it may sound now I got, Jacobs Cream Crackers, a small selection of cheese and a box of fair trade chocolates.

I remember getting ready to walk around to hers, I didn't want her to think that I was 'just' a joiner, so I pulled on a shirt, dress jeans and some proper shoes. Looking back, I honestly looked a right plonker, I looked like I was going out for a family meal not a casual drink at a friends house. I knocked on the Angela's door holding my Morrisons carrier bag. She answered the door, half moving the dogs away and talking to the kids. It was then she turned to look at me, she hesitated, Yep, the look on her face told me I was over dressed.

She had the wine glasses on the pull out table in the living room, and the kids were watching the end of Eastenders and instantly honed in on the carrier bag I was holding. "Ow, Chocolate's!" yep that was me being mugged by an 8 year old, backed up by her 11 year old sister. The chocolates were almost demolished before the wine was opened. The kids went up to bed, and me and Amanda talked through to midnight. I couldn't believe how fast the time went and how well we got on, there was no awkward silence, we just seamed to click.

The next day all I could think about was Amanda, we swapped a couple of messages and arranged for another evening of the same type in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment