Wednesday 26 October 2011

First Kiss.

I suppose after the nights of working, and nights drinking copious amounts of wine together something was going to happen. I hadn't then to date, ever been in a relationship of any kind so didn't really know what it was like to be in one. Looking back I'm not sure if it was because I live in a rural location, or if I'm just odd and butt ugly? ...but at 23 you'd expect something right? I suppose when I left school, all my school friends were then 8 miles away from where I lived, so the social aspect having no transport on the door step was none existent, then straight after the school holidays I started an apprenticeship at Northumberland Estates so I was thrust into working alongside men, that maybe molding my attitude and outlook somehow? I'm not sure.

It was drinks time and I was sat at the other end of the three piece to Amanda. I was always warmed how focused and interested in me she was, she had no chips on her shoulders or gripes that were unusual. She was 5'2" slim, size 5 feet and big brown eyes, brunette hair tinted with like a honey blonde colour washed in, enough to say she was stunning. On top of all this she was an Accountant, this woman was a high flyer and making time for me?!

Earlier when I was at work we were exchanging a few texts, it always made me smile when I got a message off her, bit cheesy I know. Somehow things felt slightly different, the tone of the texts were the same but something was definitely different. After work I bought the Wine, cheese & biscuits, chocs and a bribe bag for the kids.

As usual we chatted none stop, demolishing the nibbles and wine in the process. As the evening went on Amanda edged slowly nearer to me. The room was lit by the table lamp, with the stove giving off an orange tinge to the room, I'm fairly sure we were now half way through the third bottle of wine, chatting incessantly. I asked her about her jewelry, she always had it on, always looking superb. She told me about each piece she had, the whole time being totally focused on me.

I poured another glass of wine, and she shuffled closer still. Now at this point I'll hold my hands up and say, I was comfortable in her company, but was a little confused why she was sat so close? Oh how naive I was then.

I just sipped some more wine, when she kissed me, honestly blink and you would have missed it. I wasn't sure at first if she forgot herself and meant to, stupid to say I know. I went to the loo and then resumed drinking, she did it again, I thought if she does it a third time I'll kiss here back. She did a third time, I couldn't believe the way the evening had taken a twist, the next half an hour was spent kissing on the sofa. As I was walking the 86 paces home to my bed I was hoping this wasn't going to be an awkward regret in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment